About Japanese Acupuncture
Dana specializes in gentle, Japanese style acupuncture and moxibustion, especially suited for those who may be apprehensive about needles.
Some of the main characteristics of Japanese Meridian style acupuncture are:
- Treatments are gentle yet powerful, making it ideal for highly sensitive people.
- Needle-less teishin (an instrument used for acupressure) and moxibustion treatments are perfect for pediatric patients or those who are apprehensive about needles.
- Treatments utilize experienced palpation (touch) to find acu-points along your meridians (which minimizes the number of necessary needles).
- Acupuncture is performed with very fine, single use, sterile needles, resulting in little to no pain.
- Patients report the sensation as warm, soothing and generally pleasant.
WHAT CAN JAPANESE ACUPUNCTURE BE USED FOR?
- Acute and chronic health conditions
- Hormonal issues
- Chronic stress
- Chronic inflammatory and arthritic conditions
- Autoimmune disorders (lupus, MS, chronic fatigue syndrome, lyme)
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Back & spine pain
- Neurological dysfunction
- Thyroid issues
- Gynecological/hormonal issues
- Sleep disorders
- Brain fog